But no. Another cyber-attack involving 5.9 million credit card records and 1.2 million customer records lost.
The loss of data would appear to be even greater on this occasion, so pretty sure the ICO will throw the book at them this time.
Previous issues discovered:-
- No antivirus software on their servers
- They all shared the same administrator password - known to 30-40 staff
- The websites (running on WordPress) had not been patched for some 6 years and
- No Web Application Firewall (WAF) installed.
- Encryption keys for the databases were stored in plaintext!
If you need any advice regarding a superior and award winning antivirus product, please give us a call 08008778810
Full article here https://bit.ly/2tgY8ID
The Merlin Team