To make the best crackling ever follow these simple steps.
- Cut the skin off the joint or belly pork trying to keep it in one piece.
- Lay the skin on a tray, cover and ideally leave overnight so that it dries out a bit.
- When you are ready to cook the crackling put the skin onto a wire oven tray and place in the oven at a temperature of 200 - 220 C. Season to taste.
- Ensure that you have a tray underneath to catch the excess fat as it drips off and so avoid an unholy mess.
- Check the crackling as it cooks and remove it from the oven when it is to your liking.
- Cut it up and put on a plate and hopefully there will be some left by the time it reaches the table.
Works every time for us.