While trying not to state the obvious you cannot run a business without a telephone system that is suited to your business requirements. However today you do not need to restrict your options to expensive premise based telephone systems which will usually require financing, a nigh impossible tasks in these days of the credit crunch.
There are options in the market place today for a phone system such as using a hosted PBX (Public Branch Exchange) system where you purchase licences for each phone that is connected to it via the internet. This service is known as VoIP (voice over internet protocol), and is as simple as plug and play and start making and receiving calls.
However, do not restrict your options to traditional systems that cost a fortune. If you are still reeling from your last phone bill, think about switching to VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).A hosted VoIP telephone system uses a broadband service to connect to the hosted PBX and then onto the telephone network allowing you to talk to anyone in the world no matter what phone system they are using. They are also able to call you in return just as if you were using a traditional telephone line.
VoIP phones come in a variety of flavours but they look “like phones and work like phones” and plug into your network or directly into your ADSL router. Depending on the number of users connected, you may need to have a separate broadband - one for voice traffic and the other for data. The good news is that you do not need to have your computer switched on unless you are using a Softphone such as Xlite or Bria from Counterpath.
The main benefits of using a Hosted VoIP PBX is that your business benefits from feature rich applications that can enhance the user and customer experience while assisting in making your business more efficient.
Benefits for your business of the PRO-iPBX Hosted PBX:
- 30 Day Customer Agreement
- Reduced line rentals and call charges
- No maintenance or support costs
- Free calls between sites and businesses on the same network
- Capital outlays are minimal
- Save time - integrate your business locations, employees can work from the office, home or whilst travelling. Wherever you go, the phone and all its features follow you
- Scalable solutions, that grow with your company - upsize or downsize seasonally
- Automatic system feature updates
- Plug and play technology
- Keep your existing telephone numbers